Friday, January 23, 2009

Something icky in the lab

This morning I had my students portion whole chickens and then they made stock with the bones. We buy our chickens from Sysco and they come by the case, all frozen in one large glob. Jeff took the chickens out of the freezer last Friday thinking it would be plenty of time to have them thaw. By wednesday they were still frozen so he took them out of the box and just put the bag they were in on the bottom of the refridgerator. When I got to the lab at 7:00 this morning I checked the fridge and found the chickens mostly thawed, but lying in a big pool of blood. I took the poultry out and decided I would deal with the mess after class. The short version of this story is that I scraped 7 cups of chicken blood out of the bottom of the refridgerator. There I was kneeling on the pantry floor with this big bowl of blood. It was icky to the least.

1 comment:

Rolyndia said...

That is gross. Sorry to hear you had a mess.