I always look forward to conference weekend but this time was for a different reason. Did we have tickets? no. Did we leave really really early on Saturday morning? yes. Did we see an awful accident on the freeway not more than 15 feet behind us between a semi truck and a hay baler? yes. Did we have to rush home after the morning session? yes. Now normally these would make a weekend seem long, but we got to see Adrienne, Matt and Clayton.
We went right to our hotel and waited for the Hinton's to call us to say there were out of the conference center from the Saturday morning session. Then they came to join us and we had lunch at a Zupa's (yummy) and then came back to our suite of rooms so we could watch the afternoon session. I have to say we were all pretty excited to hear where the new temples will be built. We even had a little contest to see when Bruce would fall asleep. Matt had gone in one bedroom to "watch" conference and Bruce had gone into the other one for the same reason. Matt was asleep by the first speaker and the rest of us guessed when Bruce would be a goner too. He was asleep by Jen's time and was still studying the insides of his eyelids at Ade's time. He got up briefly so poor Clayton was out of luck, but he was back asleep by the time my guess was up. We all had a good laugh (including Bruce).
Then we left the boys to go to the Priesthood Session and Ade, Jen, and I went to do some wedding shopping. We went to Hobby Lobby (oh my what a store - I had never been in one) and Tai Pan. I think every woman in the greater Salt Lake was at one or the other store - it was wild. We got the apothecary jars we are using for candy and a very cool little pedestal with a dome for the gourmet cupcake they will cut. We also got the flowers which I was grateful for because we had scoured the Berg and there was nothing Jen wanted.
For the best part of the evening though, we were off to the mall to shop for some new "outfits" for Jen's honeymoon. Oh my we looked at some sleazy get ups and laughed until I thought I would collapse on the floor of the dressing room. Oh what fun we had - not at Jen's expense because she was laughing just as much as we were. Then we stopped at California Pizza kitchen for dinner.We got back just about the same time as the boys.
Matt, Ade, and Clay came to our room for breakfast the next morning and then we watched the Sunday morning session of conference. The Hinton's left for Arizona mid way through, and we started back to Idaho as soon as the session ended. We stopped to gas up and get a bite in Centerfield and Byron and Judy Barton walked into the In and Out where we had just sat down to eat. We had a great visit and got up to date reports on what they have been doing. Judy looked great by the way.
The trip was rapid fire but great!
I'm Back
10 years ago

2 comments:
That sounds like a fabulous weekend! Hobby Lobby is my favorite store. I can only imagine the laughter bet it felt great!
That sounds like fun. I wish I could have been there to see the "outfits" for Jen. Hee hee. Can't wait to see you in November!
Post a Comment