Tuesday, October 20, 2009

People never cease to amaze me

I ran over to my local craft store this afternoon just to buy one little piece of floss for a quilt I am working and I saw a young woman (probably a student or at the least the right age) wearing clear acrylic platform shoes that lit up when she walked. No joke, it looked like the sneakers you see little children wear. This was NOT a Halloween costume.


Then, not 5 minutes later, as I was driving home I saw a girl driving a very old VW bus (you know the style, the really old ones that hippies drove in the 70's) painted like a watermelon. The bottom was painted green just about 1/3 of the way up the sides. Then there was a thin strip of white. The top and down 2/3 of the sides was painted red with "seeds" painted all over it. She was driving the opposite direction or I would have grabbed my phone and taken a picture. It was weird but amazing at the same time.

No comments: