We took a little trip just before we have to gear up for school starting next week. We drove down to Salt Lake to spend a few days with Tami and Steve and the kids. Jen and Nick had a wedding they were attending so we were all there together. Wednesday Bruce and I had dinner with Sam, Arlene and Shelly. It was great to catch up on what everyone is doing. We laughed a lot and were grateful the restaurant wasn't busy so they didn't kick us out. On Thursday Bruce, Tami and I went to the Draper Temple to participate in an endowment session. As we exited the beautiful Celestial Room there was a worker there who asked if we would help with a short sealing session. It was so wonderful to share this with Tami - definitely heavenly.
On Saturday we took all of the kids and went to the Children's Discovery Museum in downtown Salt Lake. Everyone had a great time - I think the adults more that the kids. Like and idiot I forgot my camera in my suitcase so these pictures were with my cell phone. I know the quality isn't that great but I love them anyway. Here are some of the highlights:
Ellis is coloring upstairs by the stage. The paper slides through the holder and there are pens and stamps for him to use.
Nick is a monster (I think - it was a little difficult to distinguish what kind of character he was in a child's costume) in front of the backdrop on the stage.
Ellis is sitting in a police car - of course. He didn't want any part of the costume and hat that accompanied the little car though.
Jen is doing the news - she is convinced she can be the new Diane Sawyer. She read the teleprompter perfectly!
Here is Tami giving the weather report. The computer wasn't working quite right here so we were not sure what weather she was reporting on, but she did it beautifully.
Tami and Steve are taking a ride in the old jalopy.
Ian and Carter are in the fire truck. Ian is pumping gas and Carter is all dressed up like a real fireman.
Jen and Nick are cruising along in that old car too.
There were all kinds of water toys and things to spin and dial. Ellis liked the one that looked like a steering wheel.
Oh yes - even the big boys took a turn on the climbing wall. I tried to capture the image without the floor to make look like they were climbing but it's hard to do when the wall is only 10 feet tall.
Here are all the kids in the jalopy. I couldn't get them all to look the same direction at the same time but I love this picture anyway.
As we were leaving there were a group of EBAY employees that were on a scavenger hunt. They needed the kids to be in their pyramid.
No comments:
Post a Comment