Friday, July 18, 2008

Amanda Picked the Wrong Day to Leave Early!

FYI - the names have been changed to protect those with class.

This afternoon at the doctor's office we had a patient that came in for an eye exam. We'll call him Juan. I saw him drive up to the front door in an old beater car (at that point I had made relatively no judgement about him) and noticed other people with him. Mrs. Juan got out of the car followed by I think her sister and a young child. Mrs Juan was plump. She was wearing a VERY tight red sweater (sort of a halter-top kind of thing) with gold rivets lining the straps. It zipped up the front and as she entered the office she zipped it up to just above her ample boobs. Her skirt (and I say that loosely because it barely covered her underwear) was a tartan plaid, with a ruffle and had dark blue lace around the hem. She had light blue fishnet stockings on and to finish the outfit she was wearing VERY high heels, red with brown soles. Mrs. Juan's sister had pink plaid shorts on that perhaps fit her at one time. Her pink top had very skinny straps and was tight as well giving her the "muffin" top look. She sat in the waiting room and plucked her eyebrows. Juan was called to the pre-test room and Mrs. Juan followed him in. Rita (our pre-tester) began the tests all the while Juan was rubbing Mrs. Juan's arms. Rita left them alone just for a minute to talk to one of the docs and returned to find them mauling each other. The doc decided that if he was going to have any change of completing the exam, Mrs Juan was going have to leave the room. He sent her back to the waiting room. I noticed that as she walked by me she had unzipped her sweater to almost halfway inbetween her boobs now. We wanted to disinfect the rooms when they left and to top it off Juan did not have the money to pay for the exam. Amanda left at 3:00 to go up to Island Park - too bad she wasn't there to see it. I was hoping to snap a pic on my camera phone but couldn't manage one. As they left they asked Laurie where the nearest liquor store was.

4 comments:

Tami's Eclectic Corner said...

Yucky! I'm so sorry you have that image seared into your mind! Who plucks their eyebrows in public? I wish I had the guts to walk up to people who wear "clothes" like that and tell them how ridiculous and nasty they look! Wow!

Amanda said...

Whoa. I really did miss out! The funniest part of that is...Mr.Juan called the day before to ask how much money he needed to bring!! Yikes...sorry to leave you to that terrible scene!

Gunter of the Hill People said...

As I began reading I was thinking,"Its a shame she didn't sneak a picture with her camera phone." By the time you got to the "muffin top" part I was thinking, "This is probably better without pictures. I just ate dinner."

Erin said...

Classic! I know it's hard, as much as you want to snap a picture, how do you justify it to them. Maybe Mrs. Jaun would have unzipped a little more for a picture. Ohh la la.