Friday, July 11, 2008

Oh yes - I'm an idiot!

There is a small office that is off the pantry on campus that I use when I am there teaching. I have not been able to log on to the computer there however and I have to go to a classroom to check or send emails to my class. I asked the secretary of the Home and Family Department to check into the problem. She let me know that the computer tech guy had set me up and all should be well. I got to class on Wednesday and once again I could not log on. Susan (the secretary) came upstairs and watched me attempt the log on to see why is wasn't working. As she was standing over my shoulder she was watching as I entered my password. I was busy typing it in (as I had done about a hundred times before - with no success) and she noticed that all of the password was not being accepted by the system. The number lock was off. I felt like an idiot - as soon as I pressed the lock key I was up and running. Could I have figured that out on my own without her watching? Aparently not!

3 comments:

Gunter of the Hill People said...

Nice to know I am not the only one. Why exactly do we need a number lock key?

Rolyndia said...

Gotta love when that happens.

Gunter of the Hill People said...

I just wanted to let you know that I had to call tech support at work this morning. I could not log in from home on Friday so I thought it was an issue with the VPN. This morning I could not login at the office. So much for my VPN theory. The nice lady in tech support ever-so-politely reminded me that I had changed my password on Thursday and that I was using the old one. I sure appreciate the tech support girl not making me feel any stupider that I already did.