Yesterday I was able to attend 2 different wards and learned some valuable lessons. In one ward the student counselor gave some very good advice to the ward members, but I learned this lesson as well:
- It is time to stop waiting - we wait, and rest, and put off things we should do now thinking there is plenty of time
- We cannot wait for someone to give us their testimony - we alone are responsible for our testimony and the Lord guides our direction
- There are many things we cannot do on our own - but the things we can do, He expects us TO do
Great, great advice and something I want to remember.
Then in Relief Society we were talking about the Sabbath day. Here are 3 comments made by the sisters and again the young member of the bishopric there:
- The Sabbath is not another Saturday - not just another part of the weekend to do the same things we would do any other day
- Imagine if it was your birthday (YOUR day) and no one remembered, or did anything to acknowledge you? Is that the way the Lord feels when we do not spend the day thinking of Him?
- If we think of how often the temple is cleaned (each night after it closes), it does not get very dirty. If we think of the Sabbath as the day to do our spiritual upkeep, then we can remain "unspotted by the world." (the interesting thing about this comment is that I talked to the counselor after class and he said, "I never thought of that before, but while they were talking, it came into my mind." This is learning by the Holy Ghost, during a lesson.

No comments:
Post a Comment