I have come to the conclusion that remembering what the Lord has done for me and for others, as well as the covenants I have made, is essential.
Re-mem-ber (verb)
1. to recall to the mind by an act or effort of memory; think of again.
2. to retain in the memory; keep in mind; remain aware of.
3. to have something come into the mind again.
4. to have recollection
"When you look in the dictionary for the most important word, do you know what it is. It could be 'remember.' Because all of you have made covenants...our greatest need is to remember." (President Spencer W. Kimball, BYU devotional address 28 June 1968,8)
"My point is to urge you to find ways to recognize and remember God's kindness. It will build our testimonies. You may not keep a journal. You may not share whatever record you keep with those you love and serve. But you and they will be blessed as you remember what the Lord has done.
And the challenge to remember has always been the hardest for those who are blessed abundantly. Those who are faithful to God are protected and prospered. That comes as the result of serving God and keeping His commandments. But with those blessings comes the temptation to forget their source. It is easy to begin to feel the blessings were granted not by a loving God on whom we depend but by our own powers.
The key to the remembering that brings and maintains testimony is receiving the Holy Ghost as a companion. It is the Holy Ghost who helps us see what God has done for us.
Tonight, and tomorrow night, you might pray and ponder, asking the questions: Did God send a message that was just for me? Did I see His hand in my life or the lives of my children? I will do that. And then I will find a way to preserve that memory for the day that I, and those that I love, will need to remember how much God loves us and how much we need Him." (President Henry B. Eyring, "O Remember, Remember," General Conference, October 2007)
I'm Back
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment