Monday, March 15, 2010

A Day of Contrasts

Within a 24 hour period I encountered 2 young women who were not dress code compliant. I hate being the "how you dress" police but I had to say something.

I attended a Relief Society ward meeting in the Taylor Building and one woman came in flip flops and shorts. I quietly asked her if she had a pair of pants or a skirt she could put on, hoping she had just been exercising at the Hart and had forgotten to change. She said she would go home and as she turned away from me she said, "And I'm not coming back!"

The next morning I had a student in my fundamentals class that was wearing ragged jeans with tears and holes, some very large. I told her that I would let her stay in the lab but that the jeans were not appropriate for campus. She said was sorry she had worn them and thanked me for telling her. I had her in class later in the day and she had gone and changed.

Attitude is everything.

No comments: