Yesterday was our BYU-Idaho 3rd Stake women's conference. Of the nine classes taught, 5 of the presenters were my family members. Bruce taught a class called "Live Life With the Holy Ghost," Tami taught "Pressing the Easy Button," a class that showed ways to take ordinary and easy foods and make them hearty and appetizing. (In one session one sister asked Tami how she could make a soup she remembered having as a child more hearty. Tami asked her what was in it and the sister replied,"My mom made it when we were sick and it is cooked macaroni noodles and tomato juice. Someone asked if she had said tomato sauce and the girl replied no that it was in fact just tomato juice - Wow) Adrienne taught "Let The Games Begin," which was a class about dating and parties (she was right on in her suggestions about not hanging out and gave them a handout that had various weird and uncelebrated holidays like National Do-nut Day). Jen's was called "How to Make Friends in 10 Minutes or Less," (which was perfect for her since her escalator experience in the mall years ago) and Nick repeated his class about being safe on campus, on dates and in the sister's apartments called, "Watch it Buddy!" (unfortunately a class that is greatly needed even here in Rexburg).
They made my job so much easier and they did a wonderful job. Many sisters commented that they had been richly fed. We then went to Idaho Falls for an early birthday dinner. This is where the unexpected begins. When we got off the freeway in Rexburg they blindfolded me and drove me around (I had NO idea where I was) and ended up on campus. They led me into a building, up an elevator (very creepy) and into a room where so many of my friends were to help us celebrate. I will admit it was a strange and sometimes unpleasant feeling to not be aware of your surroundings, but the joy of seeing everyone and sharing this with family was fabulous.
Now for the other unexpected affect of this birthday - I was sitting at the dining table along with Ade, Jen and Kennedy. Ade made this comment to Kennedy, "Do you know that in a year or so your teeth will begin to fall out?" Tami was sitting across the room and couldn't see who Ade was talking to, assumed she meant me, and said, "Do you mean Mom?!!!!" I know I'm old but I really didn't think my teeth would begin falling out soon. We all had a good laugh.
I'm Back
10 years ago

1 comment:
Glad to hear all the classes were a success and that you had a gerat birthday bash!
Post a Comment