Sunday, May 3, 2009

Saturday well spent

We decided it was time for an update of the entry and living room. The color is darker than it looks in the pictures and I love it against the white trim. I refinished the quilt hanger a dark greenish-brown and then distressed it. The quilt hanger screws were stripped so I couldn't get it to grab the quilt and I knew I had been able to change it for the last time. I looked at purchasing a new one (the cost was outrageous) and instead went to my local lumber store and looked for a dowel that was long enough. They had nothing so I just bought a broom handle and a new drill bit and we drilled new holes in the sides and cut the handle to size (after Bruce used it to attach to the paint roller - the ultimate in multi-tasking).




This morning before Bruce left for early meetings he told me he was just sitting in the living room admiring our handy work and proposed the idea of painting 2 walls in our bedroom the same color and refinishing the furniture the same color as the quilt hanger. He didn't need to convince me, I love the idea. So - until the next installment.....