Last week I asked my students to share something with the class that would help us remember their name. One young man (whose name is very Greek) shared with us that when his father was about 18 he was working as a cook on a ship that had sailed from Greece to California. When they docked at a port in the golden state his father came ashore to buy supplies. Upon his return to the pier he discovered the ship had sailed without him. Not speaking a word of English he was truly alone. The only thing he could think to do was to return to the shop where he had been purchasing goods. The owner of the store just so happened to have a Greek resturant and hired his father to cook there. His mother was one of the waitresses and the rest is history. Amazing!
I'm Back
10 years ago

1 comment:
I LOVE that story!
Post a Comment