After my class on Monday there were two students that approached my team teacher and myself asking if it would be possible to add another section of my cake decorating class. I surely didn't think we could pull it off for this semester but, to make a long story short, a new section was added on Tuesday at 5:00 in the afternoon. I check the status about 8:30 that evening to find that it was full and I had several emails from students who wanted to be on a waiting list. That night I crammed to be ready for an entirely new section (meeting on Wednesday nights instead of the Tuesday-Thursday one I had been preparing for all summer), creating a new syllabus and course outline.
We had a great class on Wednesday night and the students seem genuinely excited to be baking and decorating. This puts me at 10.4 credit load hours (culinary arts fundamentals, baking and 2 sections of cake decorating) so I quit my little part time at the deoctor's office and am now just being an instructor at the univerisity. WOW!
I made pretzels yesterday so I could see how this recipe works at our altitude (one of my Wednesday classes is making them this week) and they were fabulous.
The great lesson that I have learned in these past few months is this: If I had left my life up to me to plan, I would have settled for so much less than what has transpired with the Lord's help. I could never have begun to dream about going to school here much less being able to teach. When we pray for guidance, and then follow it, the Lord has great things in store for us. I am grateful everyday that I get to walk on this campus.
I'm Back
10 years ago

2 comments:
Glad to hear that things are going so well in Rexburg! If you want to check out our blog, we'd love it! http://whatshappeninhotstuff.blogspot.com
Take care, we love you!
That is a great story.
Post a Comment