On Tuesday we had an all employee meeting as well as a faculty meeting with both President Clark and Elder Johnson (the Commissioner of Church Education). The meetings were wonderful and I learned so much. Bruce made a presentation in the morning meeting (his first in his new assignment and he did a great job in spite on some technological difficulties). That evening Elder Johnson spoke at a fireside and he was asked if he would share some of the things he has learned from President Monson and the Brothern (notice that is with a capital B). Here is what he said in a nutshell:
Don't ever postpone acting upon a prompting - that is from President Monson
It is worth the time to get something right
Handle an issue at the very lowest level you can
You get corrected because they love you
You should never resist the correction you receive from them
You don't always understand a decision - that is because you don't know all the facts and many times you only hear one side of a story
The things that matter most to them are obedience and trust
The Spirit doesn't usually explain the why - he usually only tells you the what
Motives matter (ego can change our actions)
The right solutions don't always come easy and they are not necessarily easy to implement
Sometimes answers come quickly and sometimes they take a long time
It is important to help those who are over us make good decisions
I am nothing and if I forget that the Lord will find a way to pound me down (see Helaman 12:3,7-8)
Meekness over cleaverness
There really is revelation
I thought these were important enough to write down and refer to on a regular basis. They are good nudges to me as to what I need to improve. Thanks to Elder Johnson who shared an example of each of these in his own interaction with Heavenly Father's servants.
I'm Back
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment