Yesterday I went to Ray's Chevron to fill up my car with gas and get a car wash (we had just come back from Salt Lake and were attacked by what seemed like raining bugs all over the front and windshield). A young man pumped the gas and ran my card for the wash. He came over to my window, gave me the slip to sign, asked if he could help me with anything else, and told me to have a nice day. I started the engine and drove away. As I was pulling away from the pump I heard a very loud noise and looked in my side mirror to see, with horror, that the nozzle had been left in the car and I was dragging it. I stopped, got out, and found the young man to show him what had happened. We converged on the car along with the owner of the station, who looked at the young man and asked him if he was responsible for what had happened. He said he was completely. We surveyed the damage to my car (the big tail light was broken and my window and back hatch were scratched) and the owner sent me over to Taylor's to make an appointment with the body shop to fix it. When I got there I was greated by Justin in the service department (I see him whenever I take my cars in for service).
"Has Ray's Chevron called you yet?" I asked him.
"No they haven't yet. Did they wreck your car?"
"Well, pretty much," I replied.
"Oh they do that a lot."
He took me over to the body shop and they ordered the part. The scrap came off with some solvent. I had to laugh at Justin's candor - they didn't question me at all. I wonder how often it happens. I guess I should pump my own gas from now on.
I'm Back
10 years ago

3 comments:
"They do that a lot." That's priceless!
"Gee guys, the business would be doing great if we weren't damaging all the customers' cars. What do you think we should do?"
I'm guessing they don't cover stuff like this in any of Dad's business classes.
Hi! This is Sarah Mosher (Ahlstrom) - I've been lurking on your blog since I found it from Jen's blog. It's been fun to keep track of you guys! You were both such awesome leaders to me growing up and I've always been grateful and it's fun to know you guys are doing well!! I'm challenging everyone to leave a comment on all of the blogs they check - especially so you know that there are random people keeping up with you! Thanks for the updates!! SArah
AMAZING!! Hope your car gets fixed soon.
Post a Comment