Last night Bruce and I participated in a FHE for one of our student wards. In preparation for their ward conference they wanted their Stake President to come and answer some questions - I got to go along for the ride. There were some very pointed questions dealing with relationships; mostly with parents who have been disappointing to their children. Many of our students bear the burden of being examples to and protectors of fragile family members. They feel such a responsibility to try to help others with their testimonies. I came home grateful for my own parents and their constant and unshakeable faith and devotion to both the Lord and us as their children. I am speaking at a HFPE meeting for one of our wards tomorrow night about the nobility of motherhood and as I have prepared for this I have reflected on how much I love being a mother and how grateful I am for wonderful children in whom I receive much joy. They have married well and together as couples are carrying on a love for children; even when the world tells us it is a burden to have them and the true way to feel freedom is to focus on yourself. I am grateful that I come from a heritage of "mothers who know."
I'm Back
10 years ago

1 comment:
Mom - You are awesome and a very good example to me. Thank you for loving me! I love you.
Post a Comment