This is my dessert - lime chiffon. It is made with seaparted eggs (the yolks in the lime mixture and the whites that are beaten to stiff peaks), gelatin, lime juice and zest, and sugar that you whisk over boiling water. I put raspberry puree in the bottom of the martini glass after I had dipped the rim in lime juice and sugar. The chiffon was spooned on over the puree and topped with fresh whipped cream and fresh raspberries. I tasted it after Brother Hamblin gave me my grade - it was very tasty.
This entree is presented in the minimalist style. I pan fried a chicken breast (I used one with the skin on because it caramelizes the best - it was perfectly cooked, just ask Brother Hamblin, he even said so) and I cut it on the diagonal. The pan was deglazed with 1/2 cup chicken broth and a splash of red wine vinegar. You add the salad to the pan just to wilt the lettuce then mound it on the plate. The chicken is placed so it partially lays on the salad. Just pour the dressing from the pan over the chicken and salad. Garnish it with green onion, sliced very thinly and you are done. Be sure to use a plate that has a lip so you have something to catch the broth. I served it to Bruce that evening for dinner and it was a big hit. I think I would serve it next time with the chicken on a bed of rice so there was a little starch in the dish or maybe put some freshly cooked noodles in the salad. Give it a try - very easy but flashy at the same time. Those are the dishes I like!

4 comments:
Looks delicious! I didn't realize you had a blog until somewhat recently so I've spent some time browsing through it and catching up on all your happenings. I also wanted to give you my mom's blog address. She hasn't posted anything yet but here it is... www.pattybeesley.blogspot.com
Take care and love you!
Delish! I could go for that lime dessert right now. I just read somewhere that you can crush your favorite hard candies and mix it with some sugar (in a food processor I think) and use that to decorate your glass rims. I though that was a clever and tasty idea.
Alynda: I love your blog! Too bad we can't work together! I'm a firm believer that we could work wonders on that front office! :)
Have a great day!jittjzy
Hi Alynda:
Ran across your blog from friends via friends via friends. Not sure if you remember me from the Melaleuca days, but Brother Kusch was my Global Marketing professor. Please send my regards to all of the Melaleuca-ites in your family and a warm regard to your husband. I'm employing his class daily here in Mexico City. Best, Josh
Post a Comment