Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Salad Project


This was from two weeks ago in class but I forgot my camera so one of the other students took this picture for me. She just sent it last night so I could post it. I used won ton skins and quickly, lightly fried them. The method for this salad is called Architecture because it is stacked. There are 3 won tons, flat. I mixed romaine lettuce that I julienned and mixed with celery, raddishes, peppers and carrots. I mixed in an Asian dressing. I topped the salad off with mandarian oranges, sliced red peppers, green onion, toasted sesame seeds and blanched almonds. I didn't toast the almonds because I wanted the contrast of the brown sesame seeds and the white of the almonds. I sacrificed some on flavor (because I like toasted almonds better) for presentation. It was tastey.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I would like to bite into that right now. Do you mind?

Emily K. said...

We came to your house for dinner when we were in Rexburg, and had the most delicious salad. Jake still talks about it, and I have never figured out how to make it. This kind of reminds me of it. It had pine nuts in it, which Jake loved the most. If you remember it at all, I would love the recipe. All this stuff looks so good. It reminds of the Food Network! (Top Chef, and Iron Chef are our favorites)

The Dinner Belle said...

Yum. That salad looks familiar! :) Great job.