In class yesterday we were assigned to make a cold platter. I made some items before I went to campus and then finished up the cucumbers and bacon once I got to the kitchen. Brother Hamblin was happy with what I had done and gave me 50 out of 50 points. Yippie! There are cucumbers with cream cheese, sour cream, blue cheese piped into the slice; orange-corn muffins topped with cream cheese, thinly sliced turkey breast and cranberry sauce; and corn cakes that I spread sour cream on which helped hold the grape salsa on. I brought some home to have for dinner. The centerpiece is from the fondant heart that I just took apart. This is my appetizer (it is supposed to be 6-8 bites but must have a protein, starch and veggie). I made a rolled Mexican "egg roll" with spicey chicken, black beans, corn, a little salsa for moisture (I forgot to put in the red and green peppers I brought - that cost me some points) in a whole wheat tortilla. I rolled it up and quickly fried it, cut it on the diagonal and stood one up while laying the other down. I made a small salad of tomatoes, corn, black beans, cilantro, and peppers. I pureed my salsa so it would have a smoother consistency for the sauce but he marked me down because it wasn't enough contrast. I agree that avocado or tomitillos would have been better. Oh well - it was tasty though
I'm Back
10 years ago

2 comments:
Yum! Yum! Yum! I love those appetizers you make! I am so hungry looking at that stuff!
I have been wanting to make some cucumbers like that for some occasion. Everything looks delicious. I can't wait for you to come and visit and cook for us!
Post a Comment