Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Our New Life

Now that we are home I guess my life from this time forward (at least it seems so at this time) will reflect this as a defining point; my life before the mission and my life afterwards.  Instead of continuing to post each week to this blog about our life in Mexico, I kept a separate journal and now have a bound copy of those entries - which I might say is just about 750 pages long.  I tried starting a record when we got home but frankly I was feeling overwhelmed and a little beaten down.  So I didn't write much but I did create a few little books of pictures.  I am going to use them to add our life as we know it now so I have a record. 

When we arrived home we very little furniture, clothes, pictures etc.  The basement was only studs and concrete.  In the garage we found many items that had been saved for us to go through.  For 2 weeks I sorted, cried, laughed, breathed a sigh of relief, and threw away.  Finally I had cleared enough room to get my car in.  That was a major victory for me.

No comments: