I wanted to share an experience that happened today that was a true mission tender mercy.
After Mom & I met with President Uchtdorf last month we did a little shopping. One of the places we went was Mr. Mac at the Fort Union shopping center, and I bought a couple of suits there. Both of them needed some alternations and they sent them up to me. They didn't get the pants altered correctly on one of the suits and they had to send me another pair of pants that I had planned to have altered here in Rexburg.
I was in Salt Lake today and went by the Mr. Mac store to have the new pants fixed. After they took new measurements I was wandering around the store. The clerk that was helping me was the same one that originally sold me the suits. I told him where we were going. After a few minutes he came over to me and said, "One of your missionaries is here!" As it turned out a young man and his Mom were in the store buying suits and shirts and other stuff, and the clerk had overhead him say he was going to the Cuernavaca Mexico mission. He told them, "Your new mission president is here in the store." They were as surprised to hear that I was in the store as I was to hear that one of our missionaries was in the store.
He enters the MTC on May 23 and is scheduled to fly to Mexico on July 23. I told him that we'd be at the airport to welcome him to Mexico. His Mom was relieved - this is her youngest son and his older brother had not served a mission. We had a nice visit and I assured her we would take good care of him.
It was a wonderful, tender mercy that made the day for all of us.
A note from me:
We have a friend who is serving as mission president in Anaheim. He sent a note to Bruce also yesterday to tell him that he has 2 missionaries in his mission who are waiting for visas and are going to our mission in Cuernavaca. President Bowen said that he has put them with his best trainers because he knew that is what Bruce would want. Isn't that great!
I'm Back
10 years ago

1 comment:
That is so neat! I bet you were an answer to that mom's prayers. This is all very exciting. I wish I could see you before you go!
Post a Comment