Sunday, May 18, 2008

Mesa Falls


Today was so beautiful in the valley (80 degrees, yippie!). We decided to take a drive up to Mesa Falls. The lower falls were closed because there was still a foot of snow on the road leading to the trail but we were able to trudge through the remaining snow at the upper falls to see and hear the river. The run off is so abundant that the river is swift and powerful - it makes the water murky. Bruce is standing in front of the trail leading to the upper falls - we didn't have to walk through quite this much snow to see the river, thankfully. I was wearing filp flops - not such a great choice but I managed to keep my toes from freezing.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

It looks like you two had a fun time. :) Apparently, we're on a flood watch?!?!??? Hmmm. Looks like tons of snow still, and tons of water too!

Jen said...

Gorgeous! I am so glad we live so close to such beautiful things!

SueBrown said...

Thanks for the pictures of Mesa Falls, that is one of my favorite places...

I love checking into your blog - you have so much going on and it all sounds great.

Hope all is well with everyone, please tell them hi for me.
Love and Miss you,
Sue