Monday, February 11, 2008

A weekend from Heaven


On Saturday we had the great priviledge of attending the Cultural Celebration preceeding the Temple dedication. We were given seats in the VIP section and the other adults from our campus stake were seated where we could see them. It was wonderful to be there and see the marvelous presentation that celebrated the saints settling the Snake River Plain. The music was exceptional, the dancing so fun (especially the boys that did a stomp kind of dance with water pipes), the setting with Wilford Woodruff on the wagon box as he told of what he saw in the future for the valley including temples, and the beautiful little children who walked in at the end carrying wheat (they called them the wheat-walkers). There were no dry eyes in the Hart Auditorium. Then Sunday morning we had the great priviledge of being in the Celestial Room for the Rexburg Temple dedication. We were so close to our new prophet; it was so wonderful to both see and hear him. I could hardly speak the words for the Hosanna Shout and barely croaked out the words to "The Spirit of God" as tears ran down my cheeks. It truly felt like our temple. Bruce and I were able to be some of the first to attend the temple this morning to do some family baptisms. There were in need of more female names so I was able to do 10 more than the 2 Kusch names. We were confirmed at water's edge and then headed home in the bright blue sunshine (all 2 blocks away). We were invited to attend the 2pm session and loved being all dressed in white and greated by our former bishop at the recommend desk and a ward member at the veil. I think this is what heaven will like, rounding the corner and seeing people you love. We were together with several other campus Stake Presidents and their wives as well as Bruce's first counselor and his wife. Oh what a wonderful day and a great way to end this heavenly weekend. I am so grateful for this great blessing in our lives.

3 comments:

Jen said...

It was so wonderful for Nick and I to be there with you guys. Thanks again for the tickets and I am so excited that I can walk to the temple! The Celebration made me fall in love with Rexburg all over again...even with the snow and slush.

Kelly Munns said...

hello kusch's! i am one of brother kusch's old students. i graduated in '04, but found your blog through erin's...i was just snooping seeing as i only knew her for a short period of time when she was the manager of our apts in rexburg. she was pregnant with zoe at the time! anyway, just thought i'd say hello! it's always nice to see an old professor. i sincerely loved learning from brother kusch! one of my favorites! take care, enjoy that cold!!!

-kelly munns

Erin said...

What a neat experience. Yeah for Rexburg and the opportunities you've had because of it. By the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALYNDA!!!