I just got back home after being in the temple this morning doing some sewing for them. I was there with a sister missionary from the distribution center and we were sewing temple envelopes. The temple uses a smaller size than the ones we buy so we had one seam to sew up the side after they had been cut (well 2 seams actually because I used two different stitches to make sure they would not fray). I sewed 103 of them. When I left, Charles Anderson was there measuring and arranging chairs for the dedication on Sunday. He was using his tape measure to be sure there was enough room. He told me that there will be 1800 people in each of the 4 sessions. He was putting chairs in the hallways and alcoves. I asked where the furniture was and he said they had put it in the dressing rooms, utility rooms and the equipment rooms. What a wonderful experience to be there today when it was quiet - I can't wait for Sunday to come.
I'm Back
10 years ago

3 comments:
Mom-That is so neat that you have been able to participate the way you have. I can only imagine how exciting that must be. Who would've thought that one day you would be within walking distance to a temple. How awesome! I can't wait to come up there and do a session with you guys.
That is so awesome. Thanks for sharing that. I can't wait for Sunday too. I think it's going to be incredible to be able to walk to the temple...at least when it warms up! :)
You have been tagged.
Post a Comment