Sunday, December 30, 2007

What kind of faith must it take

We went to dinner with some friends in our ward on Wednesday night and Eliene told about an experience she had with an assignment she had been given for the temple. She was assigned the task of finding 20 women who would be willing to crouchet altar cloths for the sealing rooms. She had a list to choose from and as she was speaking with the sisters, came back several times to a name that she didn't recognize. She made the assignments but was still one short. When looking at the list again and again, that one name kept coming forward. She had a difficult time getting in touch with this sister (she and her husband are students from I think India) and Eliene almost gave up. She decided to try one more time and called on the husband's cell phone. This sister answered and when Eliene told her what she wanted, and asked if she would be willing to make one the sister replied, "I already have." When Eliene went over to see what the sister had croucheted she answered the door and said, "I knew somebody would come." The cloth is beautiful and with some minor modifications it was ready for the temple. I wondered as Eliene told me this story what kind of faith it takes to begin this great project when she felt inspired to - not to just wait until someone called with the assignment - but to begin, knowing someone would come. I need faith like that.

3 comments:

The Dinner Belle said...

That is a wonderful story. I am going to print it out and keep it. Thanks for sharing that!

Jen said...

I like the new look!!!

Morgan said...

Thanks for sharing that story. It's amazing the things that happend around us.