Thursday, December 27, 2007

Temple VIP Tour

This morning we went to the temple for our VIP tour. We arrived a little before nine and, after being greeted, went in to see a movie that has been created especially for the Rexburg Temple.

It talks about the saints coming to the valley and even includes something about the wagon-box prophecy. The pictures they use are from the inside of the temple and are truly beautiful. President Kinghorn took us on our tour (Elder Bednar was there but we didn't get a chance to see him). It was nice to see how someone else conducts the tours so we can figure out what we are going to say when we start ours next week. They are expecting over 10,000 people on Saturday. We were told that the web site was up for a while the first morning, crashed and then when it came back up reset itself to one and reissued the tickets it had already done. I think the temple committee will be relieved when Saturday is over.


I took these pictures as we exited the Stake Center and drove around to the front of the temple. It was lightly snowing and the sun was just peaking out from behind the clouds. What a glorious sight.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks for sharing that. I can't wait to go!!!!

The Dinner Belle said...

That is amazingly beautiful with all of the snow. I can't believe it is finished. How lucky you are to live so close.

Morgan said...

It was great seeing you in the temple Alynda!

Emily K. said...

Hey Kusch's! It's been a long time since we have seen you guys. I feel terrible that we didn't get to see you much when we were in Pocatello. But now I can keep up with how you are doing from the blog! Emily looks at Jen's blog on a daily basis to see new pictures and such, and she is excited to see what you guys post as well. It's fun to see you on here, hopefully we can get together the next time we are in Idaho.

Take Care,

Jake Klein