On Tuesday night before we were set apart, we (including all of the kids) met Sam, Arlene, Shelly, Wade, and Sarah for a little dinner. It was so nice to see them and to be able to say good-bye for a bit - until we see each other again.
Look at these beautiful children - I love them to the moon and back!
The old folks were banished to the end of the table - no just kidding, we just gravitated there so we could sit together and talk. We laughed and cried - all the things sisters do when they get together.
Here we are at the Mexico City Airport with President and Sister Spanuas. They are carrying the banner we will use when we greet new missionaries, only they come on the bus from the airport so we can meet them here in Cuernavaca.
Sister Spanuas presented me with a bouquet of 36 red roses - one for each month we will be here in the mission. In the background is the kitchen in the mission home.
These flowers were waiting for us on the kitchen table. They are from the PM Group who take such good care of our home. They are beautiful!
Sister Spanuas had decorated the bulletin board in the kitchen/office. On this computer I will enter all of the information about any missionaries that are sick and what I have told them to do (or what the mission doctor has instructed me to tell them). The pictures on the left side of the board are the missionaries that we are expecting on July 23rd and the pictures just above the computer screen are the ones that are going home on that same transfer date.
Here is a picture of our first Zone Leader's Counsel Meeting. This was the second day were we here in the mission. These elders are tremendous and our meeting was wonderful. At the beginning they all stood and recited the 4th section of the Doctrin and Covenants as well as the first line from Preach My Gospel which is the purpose of a missionary - what a wonderful site. The one thing I was reminded of is that the language of the Spirit is not communicated with words. Even though my Spanish is limited, I felt the Spirit of the work. The Lord is with us to be sure.
These last two are slightly out of order but I don't want to take the time to try and move them. This was taken at the MTC as soon as we arrived. I had cried off all my makeup at the airport so this is me before I got to put on a new face. The tags are in English and on the right side because it is easier for the Genreal Authorities to see who we are. We put on our Spanish tags the morning we left for the airport.
Here we are with a lamanted page of all of our missionaries by zone. This was the last day at the MTC.



1 comment:
Oh I'm soooo happy you are going to update the blog! I LOVE seeing all the pictures and reading your posts! Love you so much!
Post a Comment