This is an experience that Bruce had this morning. Very humbling and another testimony to me that the Lord knows us.
Today is the day the Executive Committee of the Board is here. Included in the meeting is:
· President Clark and all of the BYU-Idaho VP’s
· Elder Nelson
· Elder Oaks
· Presidents of BYU-Hawaii and LDSBC
· Elder Johnson – Commission of Church Education
· Elder Hallstrom – Presidency of the Seventy
· Roger Christensen – Secretary to the Board
· Linda K. Burton – new RS General President
I am scheduled to make a lunch-meeting presentation on the changes we are making to our curriculum. It may be long, brief, or not all, depending on how the agenda moves along. However, in any event, I get to have lunch with them.
The morning meeting is taking place in a large conference room right next to my office (I just heard everyone laugh!). I had to walk by the conference room as everyone was arriving (not planned – really). I saw President Clark and also noticed that Elder Nelson was arriving (President Clark was waiting for him). I was just going to walk past so it didn’t look like I was “stalking” the meeting. President Clark stopped me and said, “You need to meet Elder Nelson.” He said, “Elder Nelson, this is Bruce Kusch.” Elder Nelson looked at me for a minute and said, “Yes. Estoy muy agradecido de conocerle.” I answered, in Spanish, that your mother and I are grateful for the privilege we will have to serve.” I left and Elder Nelson entered the meeting. Amazing, humbling experience.
I'm Back
10 years ago

1 comment:
I got chills when I read that....how awesome for you Bruce...I am a huge fan of Russell Nelson....
Adios mi amigo,
Susana Marones
Post a Comment