Monday, December 27, 2010

Quilts

Now that Christmas is over, I can put a post up about the quilts I made for my daughters. I have been working on them since March of this year and it takes about 2 months to complete each one. I have loved creating the design for each, then selecting the fabrics and sewing the pieces by hand. Quilting by hand is one of my favorite things.


Tami loves flowers and said if I made her a quilt she wanted it to look happy. I put the flowers in one by one and picked colors I knew she would like.


Adrienne saw a painting of a Tuscan countryside in the hotel where we stayed in California when my mother died last December. This is my interpretation of that painting.
Jen wanted a quilt of the old city school house that was long ago been abandoned and sits on a street leading out of Rexburg. She didn't want flowers, but I had to give her some little plants and bushes, as well as her favorite tree.

I made this quilt for Erin because it reminded me of the lighthouse we saw when we went there with them a year ago. It is just past Duluth, Minnesota. The sun may seem out of proportion but I made it that way on purpose because it was very hot and humid when we were there.

1 comment:

Erin said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE MY QUILT! It is so beautiful. I love the design of the lighthouse too. The girls will ask me from time to time, if anyone can make a quilt like that, and I smile and tell them "Nope, just Ma. She is the most talented quilter I know." One day we will have to sit down and learn the tricks to the trade. Thanks again. It was a beautiful present and so thoughtful.

Livy