Wednesday, April 28, 2010

An answered prayer

I was involved with a sticky situation; one that caused someone I love a lot of pain. As I said my personal prayer yesterday morning, and then as Bruce and I had prayer together before we left for our day's activities, I asked the Lord to please soften the heart of the offender.

A bit later while I was in the shower (a great place for inspiration!) I had the distinct impression that I should write an email to the person who had acted badly. After talking it over with my loved one, we decided that she would be the one to talk to the the person who had been so hurtful. Their conversation was amazing and the person softened their heart and apologized for what had previously been said.

So, although I never wrote the email, I know that asking about it prompted the conversation that smoothed over hurt feelings. I am grateful that the Lord knows us well enough to know how to succor us in our need. I love prayer.

No comments: